one point to the total value depending on the following criteras:
1. EMA-8, MA-20, MA-50, MA-100, MA-200 , each get a point if they are increasing.
2. EMA-8 > MA-20 > MA-20 > MA-50 > MA-100 > MA-200 , each condition that is true gets one point.
On top of the Trend Quality value we apply a "weekly" (5 periods) and
a "monthly" (22 periods) moving average.
When above a value of 5, a strong trend is indicated and hence
a trend following strategy should be used.
Use this to Buy when bouncing back from e.g MA-20 or a confirming
consolidation/ /trendline pattern.
When the trend decreases below Zero a trend shift may have occured.
Idea, curtesy: Tobbe Rosèn
3. The current stock price is at least 30 percent above its 52-week low, gets one point
4. The current stock price is within at least 25 percent of its 52-week high, gets one point.
5. The 200-day moving average line is trending up for at least 2.5 "months", gets one point.
6. Close > MA-50 , gets one point
The trigger value has thus been moved to 9 for when a strong Trend Quality is in action.
In true TradingView spirit, the author of this script has published it open-source, so traders can understand and verify it. Cheers to the author! You may use it for free, but reuse of this code in a publication is governed by House Rules. You can favorite it to use it on a chart.