Multi Time Frame Tools (MTFT) is a suite of scripts aimed to establish a standard timeframe-based color scheme. This can be utilized to overlay different timeframes calculations/values over a single timeframe. As one example, this would allow to observe the 5-month moving average, 5-week moving average, and 5-day moving average overlaid over each other. This would allow to study a chart, get accustomed to the color scheme and study all these at the same time much easier.
All indicators calculated using the below specific timeframes as input, will always use the color scheme outlined below. This is to get you in habit of recognizing the different timeframes overlaid in top of each other. These can be personalized.
Longer TF analysis.
Yearly - Black
Semi-Annual - Yellow
Quarterly - White
Monthly - Maroon
Weekly - Royal Blue
Daily - Lime
Shorter TF analysis.
4 hour - Fuchsia
1 hour - Orange
30 min - Red
15 min - Brown
10 min - Purple
5 min - Lilac
All color coordination is able to be modified in either the “Inputs” or “Style” section. If you need to make changes, make sure to select “Save as Default” on the bottom right of the settings menu.
Recommended Chart Color Layout
I played around with color coordination a lot. The final product was what worked best for me. I personally use the following chart settings to accent all available TF colors.
-> Click on the settings wheel on your chart. -> Click on “Appearance”.
Background - Solid -> On the top row pick the 6th color from the left.
Vert Grid Lines and Horz Grid Lines -> On the top row pick the 7th color from the left.
You may of course change these and the indicator line colors as you like.
Adding indicator to Chart
-> Open the TradingView “Indicators & Strategies” library, the icon has “ƒx”. -> All premium scripts will be located under “Invite-Only Scripts” -> Click indicator to add to your chart.
MTFT TheStrat Suite (5 Scripts)
Rob Smith is the creator of ‘TheStrat’ trading strategy. For ‘TheStrat’ I have put together a suite of 5 premium scripts that combined will offer people interested in learning ‘TheStrat’ a cleaner learning process. For 2 of the 5 scripts specifically, the MTFT approach of overlaying multiple longer timeframes(TF) over a shorter TF selected as a display cannot be utilized. The other 2 scripts will have full MTFT functionality and they are my personal favorite. I will be providing very basic info to utilize this script; it is up to you to dive deep into learning this strategy. I am not an expert with the tool or a financial advisor. As with all aspects of life, I recommend you research, learn, discern and practice extensively in order to become a master.
*1. MTFT Patterns Pro/Noob
2. MTFT Full Time Frame Continuity Table
3. MTFT Last HML wOpen
4. MTFT Actionable Signal Targets
5. MTFT Reversal Lines
MTFT Patterns Pro/Noob, TheStrat Suite (1of5)
1.) Absolute Truth #. This setting will provide the candlesticks absolute truth # below the CS.
2.) Color bars based on Absolute Truth. This setting will color all inside candlesticks yellow, all Green Outside Candlesticks White and all Red Outside Candlesticks Fuchsia. Scenario 2 candlesticks are left as is and will color based on the color of the original candlestick. This setting is default enabled and needs to be disabled in the “Style” tab under the indicator settings wheel. I found this more practical in getting used to the 3 absolute truth scenarios.
3.) Reversals. This setting will mark when reversal patterns as discussed by Rob are posted. Noob version will also include the description of the reversal pattern, while the Pro version will only plot an ‘R’ without the text description. Note: There should never be back-to-back green Rs or red Rs. I found this issue a lot on many of the other ‘TheStrat’ scripts out there. TradingView development team note: The plotchar function does not allow dynamic text so this is the only reason on why there needs to be two separate versions of the script. ‘Pro’ is important for experienced users that already identify the patterns without the text and ‘Noob’ is important for beginner users that still need the text description of the pattern.
4. Continuations. This setting will mark when continuation patterns as discussed by Rob are posted. Noob version will also include the description of the continuation pattern, while the Pro version will only plot a ‘C’ without the text description.
TradingView Admin note: The plotchar function does not allow dynamic text so this is the only reason why there needs to be two separate versions of the script. ‘Pro’ is important for experienced users that already identify the patterns without the text and ‘Noob’ is important for beginner users that still need the text description of the pattern.
5. Actionable Signals and Complex Actionable Signals (CAS). This has several objective parameters as defined by Rob’s course. ‘Complex Actionable Signals’ is a name I used when speaking of actionable signals that require a combination of 2 or more candlesticks.
• All inside candlesticks(Absolute Truth #1)
• Shooting Stars
Complex Actionable Signals.
• (Absolute Truth Combo 1-3-1 )Inside Outside Inside
• Outside -> Hammer
• Outside -> Shooting Star
• Inside -> Hammer
• Inside -> Shooting Star
• Momentum Inside
• Momentum Hammer
• Momentum Shooting Star
• Hammer -> Shooting Star
• Shooting Star -> Hammer
5a. Example CAS 1-3G-1. I am including only one example of several of the CAS that are included in this script. The star is utilized for all CAS, the color and location designate the direction that the CAS would have you act on. Note the “Entry” and “Target” line were added manually and are not part of the script. This is one successful setup; don’t get excited thinking this is how it always works. I will let you discover and learn for yourself that there is many failed setups and many setups that never trigger the actionable signal. This is where setting alerts is very handy.
6. Alerts. Press on the “Create Alert” Icon for TradingView. When the prompt opens select the preferred script either “TheStrat Pro” or “TheStrat Noob” under “Condition” and then under the sub-menu select any of the following scenarios.
• C ▲/ ▼ = If the active CS shows a continuation up/down pattern, remember this CS is active and can still change direction and trigger a reversal in the other direction.
• R ▲/▼ = If the active CS shows a reversal up/down pattern, remember this CS is active and can still change direction and trigger a continuation in the previous trend direction.
• HM Trigger(Last High Cross) = Alert when the active CS breaks the high of the previous CS. As a new CS opens, it re-adjusts its values and is just constantly waiting for the active CS break through the previous CS high.
• SS Trigger(Last Low Cross) = Alert when the active CS breaks the low of the previous CS. As a new CS opens, it re-adjusts its values and is just constantly waiting for the active CS break through the previous CS low.
• Inside Trigger (Last High/Low Cross) = Alert when the active CS breaks the low or the high of the previous CS. As a new CS opens, it re-adjusts its values and is just constantly waiting for the active CS break through either the previous CS low or the high.
• Last CS Inside
• Last CS H
• Last CS S
• Last CS Actionable Signal (inside, H or S)
• Last CS Complex Actionable Signal
• Last CS Any Actionable Signal
Tillgången till detta skript är begränsat till användare som har godkänts av författaren och kräver vanligtvis betalning. Du kan lägga till det till dina favoriter men du kan bara använda det efter att ha begärt och fått författarens tillstånd. Kontakta Multi_TF_Tools för mer information eller följ författarens instruktioner här under.
TradingView rekommenderar inte att du betalar för ett skript och använder det om du inte litar till 100% på författaren och förstår hur skriptet fungerar. I många fall kan du hitta ett bra alternativ med öppen källkod gratis i våra Community skripts .
Informationen och publikationerna är inte avsedda att vara, och utgör inte heller finansiella, investerings-, handels- eller andra typer av råd eller rekommendationer som tillhandahålls eller stöds av TradingView. Läs mer i Användarvillkoren.
14 day free trial
Varning:Var god läs innan du begär åtkomst.