- type: crypto, economic, forex, fund, , index, spread, stock
- tickerid, such as AMEX:BLOK
- prefix, such as AMEX
- Ticker, such as BLOK
- root: for derivatives such as contracts
- currency, such as USD
- base currency: returns 'BTC' for the ticker 'BTCUSD'
- point value
- session: regular, extended
Some surprises I found in my development:
- there are some more types than mentioned in the documentation,
- the tickerid takes on additional information if you adjust for dividends or show extended session,
- the prefix contains "_DL" additions depending on your data subscriptions, .e.g. "CME_MINI_DL:ES1!",
- with , TV will show session.regular both for the 'regular' and the 'electronic' session.
- Unfortunately, syminfo does not contain the 'sector', although TV has the information in the database (the sector is shown in the screener but not accessed in Pine Script).
I use this little utility in my development and hope it's useful for the community. I see such a great number of contributions from the community and would like to give back, even if it's not much.
According to TV, there are four possible values:
- "quote" for currencies
- "tick" i.e. number of transactions
Today, "n/a" appears on most tickers. We'll see whether that changes...
In true TradingView spirit, the author of this script has published it open-source, so traders can understand and verify it. Cheers to the author! You may use it for free, but reuse of this code in a publication is governed by House Rules. You can favorite it to use it on a chart.