This project incorporates the majority of the indicators needed to analyse and trade Trends for Pullbacks, swings and reversals.
Incorporated within this tool are the following indicators:
1. Major industry (Banks) recognised important EMAs in an Ribbon:
- Lime = EMA5 (Optional Display)
- DodgerBlue = EMA12 (Optional Display)
- Red = EMA36 (Optional display)
- Green = EMA89
- Blue = EMA200
- Black = EMA633
3. Optionally display Fractals and optional levels
4. Optional HH, LH, LL, HL finder.
5. Optional Buy/Sell "PB" exit Alerts with Optional 200EMA filter.
6. Coloured coded Bar high lighting based on the PAC:
- blue = bar closed above PAC
- red = bar closed below PAC
- gray = bar closed inside PAC
8. with optional labels.
9. EMA5-12 Ribbon is displayed by default.
10.EMA12-36 Ribbon is displayed by default
Set up and hints:
I am unable to provide a full description here, as Pullback Trading incorporates a full trading Methodology, there are a number of articles and books written on the subject.
- Set the chart to Heikin Ashi Candles (optional).
- I also add a "Sweetspot Gold R3" indicator to the chart as well to help with finding and shows where the important "00" lines are.
- First on a weekly basis say Sunday night or Monday morning, analyse the Daily and Weekly charts to establish overall trends, and support/resistant levels. Draw significant mini (2/3 TL), vertical ( VTL ) and S/R levels. Can use the points to guide VTL drawing and Fractals to help guide 2/3 TL drawing.
- Once the trend direction and any potential major reversals highlighted, drop down to lower timeframe chart and draw appropriate mini (2/3 TL) matching the established momentum direction. Take note of potential pull backs from and of the EMAs, in particular the EMA5-12 ribbon, EMA12-36 Ribbon and the 200EMA. Can use the and/or Fractals points to guide your 2/3 TL drawing.
- Set a TradingView alarm on the "PBTOOL alert", with the default settings this normally occurs before or during the Break of the manually drawn TL lines.
- Once alerted check to see if the TL is broken and is returning to trend away from the lines, this is indicated by bar colour change to trend directional colour.
- You can trade that alert or drop down to even lower time frames and perform the same TL analysis there to find trades at the lower TF. Trading at lower TF you will allow tighter Stop loss settings.
Other than the "SweetSpot Gold R3" indicator, you should not need any other indicator to successfully trade trends for Pullbacks and reversals. If you really want another indicator I suggest a momentum one for example: AO ( ), or Squeeze Momentum.
- Added optional Candle Colouring to Grab candle colour scheme.
- Upgraded to version3 Pinescript
- Added seperate BUY and SELL alarm alerts
- Added implied copyright notice.
In true TradingView spirit, the author of this script has published it open-source, so traders can understand and verify it. Cheers to the author! You may use it for free, but reuse of this code in a publication is governed by House Rules. You can favorite it to use it on a chart.