This implementation of the RS Line mimics how Investor's Business Daily and CANSLIM investors measure growth stock performance versus the S&P 500.
If you are looking at a weekly chart, the RS Line is the performance of the stock over the past week versus the S&P 500 over that same time frame. The same logic applies to the daily and monthly charts,...
For completeness of Relative Strength studies, the Relative Strength based on rate of changes (ROC) with weighting is coded and presented as well.
The RS.ROC is similar to the formulation of RS by IBD before rank among all the stocks in the market.
The lookback period is relaxed for customizing. Once you set the total lookback period, representing the 4Q, in the...
The Relative Strength Exponential Moving Average was created by Vitali Apirine (Stocks and Commodities Jan 2022 pgs 22-25) and this is a handy moving average that combines a typical overbought/oversold mechanic with an overall trend indicator. Even though the typical length is so large it reacts extremely quickly when the stock becomes overbought or oversold....
Powerful tool to calculate and display the strength of a security compared to another security.
Some Main purposes are:
- finding new leadership in a market correction
- comparing a market leader with a top competitor
- tracking rotation in the market
.. and so much more!
This tool is highly configurable, you can especially change:
- The reference symbol (SPY,...
How it works?
1. With this indicator you can compare any other symbol of index/security with selected symbol.
2. You can compare with three different Indices/symbols.
3. Also you can keep different timeframe and length of period to compare with the current symbol.
4. No need to add multiple indicators for same purpose.